Bird Study Workshop
- Gary will sign "Enjoying Big Bend National Park" and Kathy will sign her new book "Photographing Big Bend National Park" on Nov 21, 2013. Brazos Book Store, Houston, Texas. Details
- Gary and Kathy will present a programs at the 25th Annual HummerBird Celebration Sept 12-15, 2013 Details
Appearances may include book signings of:
- Photographing Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press 2013)
- Houston Portfolio (Farcountry Press, 2012)
- Enjoying Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press, 2009)
- Backroads of the Texas Hill Country (voyagers Press, 2008)
- Texas Wildlife Portfolio (Far Country Press, 2005)
- Texas Gulf Coast Impressions (Far Country Press, 2006)
- Basic Photography -- A One Day Workshop Nov 2, 2013 in The Woodlands; Oct 5, Nov 23, Dec 7, 2013 in Houston. 9:30 to 3:30.
- Macro Photography Workshop -- Nov 21, 2013 from 9:30-12:30 p.m.
- Intermediate Photography -- Sept 24, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm in The Woodlands; Sept 3, 2013 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston
- Digital SLR -- Understanding your camera Dec 4, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston; TBA in The Woodlands
- Available Light Photography -- Nov 7 9:30-12:30 pm
- Photoshop & Lightroom Processing -- Nov 7, 2013 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Alternataive Processing -- TBA
- Making Money with Your Camera -- Nov 7, 2013 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Action Photography -- TBA.
- Pushing the Edges of Photography -- TBA
- Composition -- TBA
- Photoshop for Photographers (Photoshop CC plus Lightroom 5) -- Nov 20, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston; TBA in The Woodlands.
- HDR & Panoramic Photography -- Sept 17, 2013, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Cataloging and Storing Your Photos -- TBA
- Flash Photography -- Oct 29, 2013 from 6:30 to 9:30p.m.; Oct 23, 2013 in The Woodlands
- Garden Photography -- TBA
- Photography at Night (An outdoor workshop) -- Dec 11, 2013 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Marketing Your Photos to Magazines and Calendars -- TBA
- Digital SLR: Video -- TBA
- Advanced Nature Photography -- early 2014 from 9:30-3:30 pm
- Call Leisure Learning at 713-529-4414 to register. Visit Leisure Learning to register on-line.
-- An entire weekend on a private Hill Country ranch devoted to learning about birds, how to identify them and how to photograph them. Gary Clark, a life-long teacher, will show you how easy it is to identify birds. The days will be divided into walks, classroom sessions, field observation, and journaling. Those who identify birds with the help of a camera are welcome to bring that along. Sessions in the photo blinds with Kathy Adams Clark for the more photographic oriented in the group. TBA in 2014. Block Creek Natural Area near Fredericksburg and Comfort, Texas. $1100 per person. Lodging and meals included. More Information.
Gary and Kathy Clark and Strabo Tours make a donation to Houston Audubon Society when you sign-up for a tour.
Cuba -- National Parks & Reserves -- Dec 27, 2013 to Jan 6, 2014
Journey with Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark to Cuba. We'll explore the culture and natural heritage of this wonderful island nation. Limited to 12 participants.
Program cost includes Miami to Havana round-trip airfare. We'll explore Old Havana, La Guira National Park, Zapata Peninsula, and the beachs of Cayo Coco. Cuba hosts over 350 bird species. Lots of photographic opportunities and natural history moments.
$4,995 includes lodges, ground transportation, and most meals. Air to Miami is extra. Request a brochure
Costa Rica: Hummingbirds & Quetzal -- March 7-16, 2014
Explore this tropical paradise with Gary and Kathy Adams Clark. This trip concentrates on the central highlands with stops at Rancho Naturalista, La Selva Biological Station, Eco Observatory, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, and Sevegre.
Four eco-systems, lots of birds at feeders plus opportunities to venture deep in the jungle. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers will love this trip because the birds are close and plentiful. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions. Local guide with us throughout the trip.
$3895 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Costa Rica is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
Peru: Machu Picchu and Rainforest Wildlife May 19-29, 2014
Explore two diverse parts of Peru with Kathy Adams Clark and Gary Clark. Visit the Manu area of the Amazonian lowlands for scarlet macaw, parrots, monkeys, anopy tower, and canoeing for marsh birds.
Then fly to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco. We'll get two days in Machu Picchu so we can photograph and view this amazing site in different light and weather. Birds and wildlife along the way. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers and birdwatchers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for nature and cultural-loving spouse, friends or companions. Native guide with us throughout the trip.
$6295 includes lodges, transportation to Manu, and some meals. Air to Peru and Cusco is extra. Request a brochure.
Tanzania, Africa July 19-31, 2014
Intensive game viewing with only 5 people per vehicle. Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park.
Ideal for photographers, birdwatchers, and nature loving traveling companions.
$8895 lodges, ground transportation covered plus most meals. Airfare extra. Request a brochure
Florence & Tuscany -- 2015
Walk the historic streets of Florence with your camera and Kathy Adams Clark. Get out early in the morning for sunrise, explore back streets during the day, and then catch the sunset over the Arno River.
Then travel by motor coach to a charming villa in Tuscany. Explore vineyards, historic hill towns, and charming local villages. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions. Local guide with us throughout the trip.
$3795 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Italy is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.