Bird Study Workshop
- Kathy Adams Clark Nature Photography Critique Houston Arboretum May 6, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Gary and Kathy will present a programs at the 25th Annual HummerBird Celebration Sept 17-19, 2015 Details
Appearances may include book signings of:
- Texas: A Photographic Journey (Farcountry Press, 2014)
- Photographing Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press 2013)
- Houston Portfolio (Farcountry Press, 2012)
- Enjoying Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press, 2009)
- Backroads of the Texas Hill Country (voyagers Press, 2008)
- Texas Wildlife Portfolio (Far Country Press, 2005)
- Texas Gulf Coast Impressions (Far Country Press, 2006)
- Basic Photography -- A One Day Workshop May 2, or July 11, 2015 in The Woodlands; May 30, June 27, Friday, Aug 14, Monday Sept 21, or Saturday Oct 17, 2015 in Houston. 9:30 to 3:30.
- Advanced Nature Photography -- Feb 13, 2015 9:30-3:30 pm.
- Macro Photography Workshop -- June 25, 2015 from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Intermediate Photography -- June 3, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston; Feb 25, 2015 in The Woodlands
- Digital SLR -- Understanding your camera Feb 24, 2015 from 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston; July 14 , 2015 in The Woodlands
- Available Light Photography -- Jan 13, 2015
- Photoshop & Lightroom Processing (Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5) -- June 22, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Alternataive Processing -- June 22, 2015 1:30-4:30 pm
- Making Money with Your Camera -- Apri 15, 2015 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Breaking Into the Magazine and Calendar Market -- April 15, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Action Photography -- May 27, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm
- Pushing the Edges of Photography -- June 25, 2015 1:30-4:30 pm
- Composition -- TBA
- Photoshop for Photographers -- Feb 5, 2015 6:30-9:30. June 23, 2015 The Woodlands.
- HDR & Panoramic Photography -- TBA, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Cataloging and Storing Your Photos -- TBA
- Flash Photography -- Jan 29, 2015 from 6:30 to 9:30p.m.; April 23, 2015 in The Woodlands
- iPhone and iPad Photography -- Feb 3, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Photography at Night (An outdoor workshop) -- March 31, April 7, April 21, 2015 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Marketing Your Photos to Magazines and Calendars -- TBA
- Digital SLR: Video -- Jan 13, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Advanced Nature Photography -- Feb 28, 2014 from 9:30-3:30 pm
- Call Leisure Learning at 713-529-4414 to register. Visit Leisure Learning to register on-line.
-- An entire weekend on a private Hill Country ranch devoted to learning about birds, how to identify them and how to photograph them. Gary Clark, a life-long teacher, will show you how easy it is to identify birds. The days will be divided into walks, classroom sessions, field observation, and journaling. Those who identify birds with the help of a camera are welcome to bring that along. Sessions in the photo blinds with Kathy Adams Clark for the more photographic oriented in the group. Sept 10-13, 2015. Block Creek Natural Area near Fredericksburg and Comfort, Texas. $1300 per person. Lodging and meals included. More Information.
Travel with Us!
Small group travel. Birdwatcher, photographers, nature lovers, and their traveling companions welcome. Gary and Kathy Clark and Strabo Tours make a donation to Houston Audubon Society when you sign-up for a tour.
Iceland: Birds & Culture June 6-17, 2015
Explore the magic of Iceland with Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark. View and photograph nesting birds, walk to raging waterfalls, and tour glacier lagoons.
This is a fabulous trip where we have time to watch birds, photograph, eat, rest, and explore. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions.
$5995 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Iceland is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
Thailand & Cambodia November 7-21, 2015
Explore Thailand with Kathy Adams Clark and your camera. Floating markets, temples, Chiang Mai, elephants, ceremonies, farming, colors, and crafts. Then fly to Cambodia for the amazing Angkor Wat.
This is a moderately active trip that is perfect for non-photography traveling companions. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers of all skill levels are welcome.
$5495 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Thailand is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
Peru: Machu Picchu and Rainforest Wildlife March 10-21, 2016
Explore two diverse parts of Peru with Kathy Adams Clark and Gary Clark. Visit the Manu area of the Amazonian lowlands for scarlet macaw, parrots, monkeys, anopy tower, and canoeing for marsh birds.
Then fly to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco. We'll get two days in Machu Picchu so we can photograph and view this amazing site in different light and weather. Birds and wildlife along the way. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers and birdwatchers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for nature and cultural-loving spouse, friends or companions. Native guide with us throughout the trip.
$6195 includes lodges, transportation to Manu, and some meals. Air to Peru and Cusco is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tour for details.
View photos from previous trips
Tanzania, Africa May 18-June 2, 2016
Intensive game viewing with only 5 people per vehicle. The Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park. We stop for birds as well as wildlife!
Ideal for photographers, birdwatchers, and nature loving traveling companions. Comfortable lodging in a variety of settings from tent camps to luxury hotels.
$9995 lodges, ground transportation covered plus most meals. Airfare extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
View photos from our previous trips
Pantanal: Jaguars and Birds July/August 2016
Explore the magnificent wetlands of Brazil's Pantanal with Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark. View and photograph birds plus spend five days on a floating hotel looking for the jaguar.
This is a fabulous trip for the avid explorer, photographer, and birdwatcher. Limited to 12 participants.
Extension to northern Brazil to explore the Amazon Rainforest.
$TBA includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Iceland is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
Costa Rica: Hummingbirds & Quetzal -- TBA 2017
Explore this tropical paradise with Gary and Kathy Adams Clark. This trip concentrates on the central highlands with stops at La Selva Biological Station, Eco Observatory, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, and Sevegre.
Three eco-systems, lots of birds at feeders plus opportunities to venture deep in the jungle. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers will love this trip because the birds are close and plentiful. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions. Local Costa Rican naturalist with us throughout the trip.
$TBA includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Costa Rica is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
View photos from previous trips