Bird Study Workshop
- Gary will sign "Enjoying Big Bend National Park" and Kathy will sign her new book "Photographing Big Bend National Park" on Nov 21, 2013. Brazos Book Store, Houston, Texas. Details
- Gary and Kathy will present a programs at the 25th Annual HummerBird Celebration Sept 12-15, 2013 Details
Appearances may include book signings of:
- Photographing Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press 2013)
- Houston Portfolio (Farcountry Press, 2012)
- Enjoying Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press, 2009)
- Backroads of the Texas Hill Country (voyagers Press, 2008)
- Texas Wildlife Portfolio (Far Country Press, 2005)
- Texas Gulf Coast Impressions (Far Country Press, 2006)
- Basic Photography -- A One Day Workshop Feb 15, 2014 in The Woodlands; Jan 11, Jan 15, Feb 12, 2014 in Houston. 9:30 to 3:30.
- Macro Photography Workshop -- Jan 16, 2014 from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Intermediate Photography -- Jan 28, 2013 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston; Feb 27, 2014 in The Woodlands
- Digital SLR -- Understanding your camera Feb 4, 2014 from 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston; Feb 26, 2014 in The Woodlands
- Available Light Photography -- TBA
- Photoshop & Lightroom Processing -- Feb 18, 2014 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Alternataive Processing -- TBA
- Making Money with Your Camera -- Jan 23, 2014 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Action Photography -- TBA.
- Pushing the Edges of Photography -- TBA
- Composition -- TBA
- Photoshop for Photographers (Photoshop CC plus Lightroom 5) Beyond the Basics -- TBA
- HDR & Panoramic Photography -- Sept 17, 2013, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Cataloging and Storing Your Photos -- TBA
- Flash Photography -- Oct 29, 2013 from 6:30 to 9:30p.m.; Oct 23, 2013 in The Woodlands
- Garden Photography -- TBA
- Photography at Night (An outdoor workshop) -- Dec 11, 2013 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Marketing Your Photos to Magazines and Calendars -- TBA
- Digital SLR: Video -- TBA
- Advanced Nature Photography -- Feb 28, 2014 from 9:30-3:30 pm
- Call Leisure Learning at 713-529-4414 to register. Visit Leisure Learning to register on-line.
-- An entire weekend on a private Hill Country ranch devoted to learning about birds, how to identify them and how to photograph them. Gary Clark, a life-long teacher, will show you how easy it is to identify birds. The days will be divided into walks, classroom sessions, field observation, and journaling. Those who identify birds with the help of a camera are welcome to bring that along. Sessions in the photo blinds with Kathy Adams Clark for the more photographic oriented in the group. June 5-8, 2014. Block Creek Natural Area near Fredericksburg and Comfort, Texas. $1100 per person. Lodging and meals included. More Information.
Travel with Us!
Small group travel. Birdwatcher, photographers, nature lovers, and their traveling companions welcome. Gary and Kathy Clark and Strabo Tours make a donation to Houston Audubon Society when you sign-up for a tour.
Costa Rica: Hummingbirds & Quetzal -- March 7-16, 2014
Explore this tropical paradise with Gary and Kathy Adams Clark. This trip concentrates on the central highlands with stops at Rancho Naturalista, La Selva Biological Station, Eco Observatory, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, and Sevegre.
Four eco-systems, lots of birds at feeders plus opportunities to venture deep in the jungle. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers will love this trip because the birds are close and plentiful. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions. Local Costa Rican naturalist with us throughout the trip.
$3895 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Costa Rica is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
View photos from our 2013 trip
Peru: Machu Picchu and Rainforest Wildlife May 19-29, 2014
Explore two diverse parts of Peru with Kathy Adams Clark and Gary Clark. Visit the Manu area of the Amazonian lowlands for scarlet macaw, parrots, monkeys, anopy tower, and canoeing for marsh birds.
Then fly to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco. We'll get two days in Machu Picchu so we can photograph and view this amazing site in different light and weather. Birds and wildlife along the way. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers and birdwatchers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for nature and cultural-loving spouse, friends or companions. Native guide with us throughout the trip.
$6295 includes lodges, transportation to Manu, and some meals. Air to Peru and Cusco is extra. Request a brochure.
View photos from the 2013 trip
Tanzania, Africa July 19-31, 2014
Intensive game viewing with only 5 people per vehicle. The Maasai Mara River, Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park. We stop for birds as well as wildlife!
Ideal for photographers, birdwatchers, and nature loving traveling companions. Comfortable lodging in a variety of settings from tent camps to luxury hotels.
$8895 lodges, ground transportation covered plus most meals. Airfare extra. Request a brochure
View photos from our 2013 trip
Santorini, Greece Oct 1-9, 2014
Explore the quaint island of Santorini in the Aegean Sea with Kathy Adams Clark. Walk through white-washed villages, photograph local village, and historic sites.
This is a laid-back trip where we stay in one hotel the entire time, photograph, eat, rest, and explore. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions.
$2895 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Greece is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.