Bird Photography Workshop
- Kathy Adams Clark Nature Photography Critique Houston Arboretum May 6, 2015 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Gary and Kathy will present a programs at the 25th Annual HummerBird Celebration Sept 17-19, 2015 Details
Appearances may include book signings of:
- Texas: A Photographic Journey (Farcountry Press, 2014)
- Photographing Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press 2013)
- Houston Portfolio (Farcountry Press, 2012)
- Enjoying Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press, 2009)
- Backroads of the Texas Hill Country (voyagers Press, 2008)
- Texas Wildlife Portfolio (Far Country Press, 2005)
- Texas Gulf Coast Impressions (Far Country Press, 2006)
- Basic Photography: One-Day Workshop. Learn how your camera’s light meter guides you to the shutter speed and f/stop you need to take a properly exposed picture. Learn about composition, flash, indoor photography, capturing action, and night photography. In addition, explore filters, tripods, and other gadgets. 9:30 to 3:30 p.m. Friday Dec 11, 2015; Jan 9, 2016, March 5, June 4
- Basic Photography: One-Day Workshop. The Woodlands Learn how your camera’s light meter guides you to the shutter speed and f/stop you need to take a properly exposed picture. Learn about composition, flash, indoor photography, capturing action, and night photography. In addition, explore filters, tripods, and other gadgets. 9:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec 5, 2015; Jan 23, 2016, April 30
- Digital SLR: Camera Operations. The Woodlands Learn about your camera’s functions and the meaning of the items in the menu. Understand resolution, storage cards, and processing software. 6:30-9:30 pm. May 10, 2016
- Digital SLR: Camera Operations. Learn about your camera’s functions and the meaning of the items in the menu. Understand resolution, storage cards, and processing software. 6:30-9:30 pm. Jeb 17, June 7, 2016
- Intermediate Photography. Expand off what you’ve learned in Basic Photography. Learn how to photograph pets, children, and while on vacation. Bring your camera and manual to class. 6:30-9:30. Feb 9, April 20, 2016
- Intermediate Photography. The Woodlands Expand off what you’ve learned in Basic Photography. Learn how to photograph pets, children, and while on vacation. Bring your camera and manual to class. 6:30-9:30. May 12, 2016
- Basic Flash. Learn how to use your off-camera flash. Settings, bouncing the light, and more. Bring your camera and flash to class. 6:30-9:30 pm. Feb 23, April 27, 2016
- Photoshop for Photographers. Learn the basics of using Photoshop CC and Lightroom to process your photos. Basic workflow emphasized to get your photos from the camera to an external storage device. No need to bring a computer to class. 1:30-4:30 pm March 2, 2016
- Available Light Portrait Photography. Learn how to photograph faces using only the light from a window. Bring camera and tripod to class. A reflector is useful but not necessary. 1:30-4:30 pm Feb 17, 2016
- Alternative Processing – Learn how to process your photos with features in Photoshop and Lightroom, NIK, Adobe Paper Textures, and more. 1:30-4:30 pm April 27, 2016
- Photography at Night: The Woodlands. Register early. Bring your camera, tripod, flash, and have fun photographing the lights in The Woodlands. 6:30-9:30 pm Dec 8th
- Photography Holiday Night: Downtown Houston. Register early. Bring your camera, tripod, flash, and walking shoes. 6:30-9:30 pm Dec 3rd
- Making $$$ With Your Camera. What are the options for making money with your camera? Learn about aerial photography, real estate photography, portrait photography, sports photography, and working with magazines and calendars. 1:30-4:30 pm April 7, 2016
- Breaking Into the Magazine and Calendar Market – How to find markets, make contact with them, and succeed in getting your photos published. 6:30-9:30 pm April 7, 2016
- Processing with Photoshop and Lightroom – Beyond Photoshop for Photographers with an emphasis on processing. 6:30-9:30 pm April 4, 2016
- Advanced Nature Photography – Photographing birds, mammals, butterflies, maco, and night photography. 9:30-3:30 Friday, April 1, 2016 /li>
- Call Leisure Learning at 713-529-4414 to register. Visit Leisure Learning to register on-line.
-- An entire weekend on a private Hill Country ranch sessions in the photo blinds with Kathy Adams Clark for the more photographic oriented in the group. May 5-8, 2016. Block Creek Natural Area near Fredericksburg and Comfort, Texas. $1300 per person. Lodging and meals included. More Information.
Travel with Us!
Small group travel. Birdwatcher, photographers, nature lovers, and their traveling companions welcome. Gary and Kathy Clark and Strabo Tours make a donation to Houston Audubon Society when you sign-up for a tour.
Peru: Machu Picchu and Rainforest Wildlife March 10-21, 2016
Explore two diverse parts of Peru with Kathy Adams Clark and Gary Clark. Visit the Manu area of the Amazonian lowlands for scarlet macaw, parrots, monkeys, anopy tower, and canoeing for marsh birds.
Then fly to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco. We'll get two days in Machu Picchu so we can photograph and view this amazing site in different light and weather. Birds and wildlife along the way. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers and birdwatchers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for nature and cultural-loving spouse, friends or companions. Native guide with us throughout the trip.
$6195 includes lodges, transportation to Manu, and some meals. Air to Peru and Cusco is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tour for details.
View photos from previous trips
Tanzania, Africa May 18-June 2, 2016
Intensive game viewing with only 5 people per vehicle. The Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park. We stop for birds as well as wildlife!
Ideal for photographers, birdwatchers, and nature loving traveling companions. Comfortable lodging in a variety of settings from tent camps to luxury hotels.
$9995 lodges, ground transportation covered plus most meals. Airfare extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
View photos from our previous trips
Pantanal: Jaguars and Birds July/August 2016
Explore the magnificent wetlands of Brazil's Pantanal with Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark. View and photograph birds plus spend five days on a floating hotel looking for the jaguar.
This is a fabulous trip for the avid explorer, photographer, and birdwatcher. Limited to 12 participants.
Extension to northern Brazil to explore the Amazon Rainforest.
$TBA includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Iceland is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
Costa Rica: Hummingbirds & Quetzal -- TBA 2017
Explore this tropical paradise with Gary and Kathy Adams Clark. This trip concentrates on the central highlands with stops at La Selva Biological Station, Eco Observatory, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, and Sevegre.
Three eco-systems, lots of birds at feeders plus opportunities to venture deep in the jungle. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers will love this trip because the birds are close and plentiful. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions. Local Costa Rican naturalist with us throughout the trip.
$TBA includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Costa Rica is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
View photos from previous trips