Bird Study Workshop
- Gary will speak at Klebs Woods Butterfly Festival, Sept 15, 2012, Details
- Kathy will speak at Houston Audubon Nature Photography Association, 2012, Details
- Gary and Kathy invite you to Houston Portolio Book Signing Party, Oct 29, 2012, hosted by Leisure Learning, 2990 Richmond Ave., Houston, Texas 5:30-8:30 RSVP
- Gary and Kathy will present a program at Piney Woods Wildlife Society, Nov 20, 2012, Details
- Gary and Kathy will present a program at BirdFest Tacoma, May 3-5, 2013, Details
Appearances may include book signings of:
- Houston Portfolio (Farcountry Press, 2012)
- Enjoying Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press, 2009)
- Backroads of the Texas Hill Country (voyagers Press, 2008)
- Texas Wildlife Portfolio (Far Country Press, 2005)
- Texas Gulf Coast Impressions (Far Country Press, 2006)
- Basic Photography -- A One Day Workshop Jan 26, Feb 20 or April 20, 2013 in The Woodlands; Jan 12, Jan 23, Feb 2, March 6, March 23 or May 10, 2013 in Houston. 9:30 to 3:30.
- Macro Photography Workshop -- Jan 24, 2013 from 9:30-12:30 p.m.
- Intermediate Photography -- Feb 12, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm in The Woodlands; Jan 29 or March 21 or April 24, 2013 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston
- Digital SLR -- Understanding your camera Jan 16 or March 26 or May 1, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm in Houston; Feb 21, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm in The Woodlands
- Landscape Photography -- Jan 24, 2013 from 11:30-4:30 p.m.
- Photoshop for Photographers (Photoshop CS6 plus Lightroom 4) -- Jan 24, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm, or April 24 from 1:30-4:30 pm in Houston; March 27 or May 7, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 in The Woodlands.
- HDR & Panoramic Photography -- TBA
- Cataloging and Storing Your Photos -- Feb 13, 2013 from 1:30-4:30 pm.
- Flash Photography -- Jan 31 or Feb 18 or April 25, 2013 from 6:30 to 9:30p.m.; March 19, 2013 in The Woodlands
- Garden Photography -- Feb 18, 2013 from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Photography at Night (An outdoor workshop) -- April 2 in The Woodlands; April 18, 2013 in Houston; April 16, 2013 Waugh Dr. 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Marketing Your Photos to Magazines and Calendars -- Feb 13, 2013 from 6:30-9:30 pm
- Digital SLR: Video -- TBA
- Photo Journalism -- TBA
- Advanced Nature Photography -- Feb 15, 2013 from 9:30-3:30 pm
- Call Leisure Learning at 713-529-4414 to register. Visit Leisure Learning to register on-line.
-- An entire weekend on a private Hill Country ranch devoted to learning about birds, how to identify them and how to photograph them. Gary Clark, a life-long teacher, will show you how easy it is to identify birds. The days will be divided into walks, classroom sessions, field observation, and journaling. Those who identify birds with the help of a camera are welcome to bring that along. Sessions in the photo blinds with Kathy Adams Clark for the more photographic oriented in the group. TBA in 2013. Block Creek Natural Area near Fredericksburg and Comfort, Texas. $1100 per person. Lodging and meals included. More Information.
Desert Bird Photography Workshop
-- An entire weekend photographing desert birds from blinds, flying hummingbirds with stop-action lights, and flying bats at night. Aug 2013. Green Valley, Arizona, near Tucson and Madera Canyon. $1300 per person. Hotels, meals, and travel extra. More Information.
Gary and Kathy Clark and Strabo Tours make a donation to Houston Audubon Society when you sign-up for a tour.
Costa Rica -- Guanacaste and Northern Reaches March 8-17, 2013
Journey with Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark to Costa Rica. Arenal Volcanco, Tropical lowlands, and coastal wetlands. Travel through the mangroves in a boat. Photograph from canopy towers. Limited to 12 participants.
Close-up views of wildlife including three-toed sloth, white-necked jacobin, gray-necked wood-rail, and magnificent frigatebird make this an must journey for photographers, birdwatchers, and nature lovers. Native guide with us throughout the trip.
$3,995 includes lodges, ground transportation, and some meals. Air to Liberia, Costa Rica is extra. Request a brochure
Tanzania, Africa May 17-June 1, 2013
Intensive game viewing with only 5 people per vehicle. Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire, and Lake Manyara National Park.
Ideal for photographers, birdwatchers, and nature loving traveling companions.
$8295 lodges, ground transportation covered plus most meals. Airfare extra. Request a brochure
Florence & Tuscany -- Sept 29 to Oct 9, 2013
Walk the historic streets of Florence with your camera and Kathy Adams Clark. Get out early in the morning for sunrise, explore back streets during the day, and then catch the sunset over the Arno River.
Then travel by motor coach to a charming villa in Tuscany. Explore vineyards, historic hill towns, and charming local villages. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions. Local guide with us throughout the trip.
$3795 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Air to Italy is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
Peru: Machu Picchu and Rainforest Wildlife March 2014
Explore two diverse parts of Peru with Kathy Adams Clark and Gary Clark. Visit the Manu area of the Amazonian lowlands for scarlet macaw, parrots, monkeys, 110-foot canopy tower, and canoeing for marsh birds.
Then fly to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cusco. We'll get two days in Machu Picchu so we can photograph and view this amazing site in different light and weather. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers and birdwatchers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for nature and cultural-loving spouse, friends or companions. Native guide with us throughout the trip.
$TBA includes lodges, transportation to Manu, and some meals. Air to Peru is extra. Request a brochure.
Basic Photography: eBook
- by Kathy Adams Clark is available as an eBook for only $8.99. Download