Bird Photography Workshop
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Austin, TX. Book signing. Jan 28, 2017 noon to 3:00 pm
- Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark will be leading trips and workshops at Port Aransas' Whooping Crane Festival 2017 Feb 23-26, 2017
- Kathy Adams Clark will be leading trips and workshops at Galveston Featherfest 2017 April 6-9, 2017
- Book of Texas Birds (Texas A&M Press, Nov 2016)
- Backroads of Texas (Voyagers Press, Nov 2016)
- Texas: A Photographic Journey (Farcountry Press, 2014)
- Photographing Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press 2013)
- Houston Portfolio (Farcountry Press, 2012)
- Enjoying Big Bend National Park (Texas A&M Press, 2009)
- Backroads of the Texas Hill Country (voyagers Press, 2008)
- Texas Wildlife Portfolio (Far Country Press, 2005)
- Texas Gulf Coast Impressions (Far Country Press, 2006)
- Basic Photography: One-Day Workshop. Learn how your camera’s light meter guides you to the shutter speed and f/stop you need to take a properly exposed picture. Learn about composition, flash, indoor photography, capturing action, and night photography. In addition, explore filters, tripods, and other gadgets. 9:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec 3, 2016, Jan 21, 2017
- Basic Photography: One-Day Workshop. The Woodlands Learn how your camera’s light meter guides you to the shutter speed and f/stop you need to take a properly exposed picture. Learn about composition, flash, indoor photography, capturing action, and night photography. In addition, explore filters, tripods, and other gadgets. 9:30 to 3:30 p.m. Nov 5, 2016; Feb 4, April 1, 2017
- Intermediate Photography. The Woodlands Expand off what you’ve learned in Basic Photography. Learn how to photograph pets, children, and while on vacation. Bring your camera and manual to class. 6:30-9:30. Feb 15, April 13, 2017
- Making $$$ With Your Camera. What are the options for making money with your camera? Learn about aerial photography, real estate photography, portrait photography, sports photography, and working with magazines and calendars. 6:30-9:30 pm TBA
- Photography Critique – Bring five photos and have them critiqued. Classroom critique and discussion. 6:30-9:30 pm TBA
- Processing with Photoshop and Lightroom – The Woodlands Beyond Photoshop for Photographers with an emphasis on processing. 6:30-9:30 pm TBA
- Photoshop for Photographers. Learn the basics of using Photoshop CC and Lightroom to process your photos. Basic workflow emphasized to get your photos from the camera to an external storage device. No need to bring a computer to class. 6:30-9:30 pm
- Macro & Still Life Photography – Hands-on class photographing small objects. Bring your camera, tripod, flash, flowers, and things to photography 6:30-9:30 pm
- Basic Flash. Learn how to use your off-camera flash. Settings, bouncing the light, and more. Bring your camera and flash to class. The Woodlands 6:30-9:30 pm November 17, 2016, March 23, 2017
- HDR & Panoramic Photography – Learn these interesting techniques that can change your photography. TBA
- Alternative Processing – Learn how to process your photos with features in Photoshop and Lightroom, NIK, Adobe Paper Textures, and more. TBA
- Photography at Night: The Woodlands. Register early. Bring your camera, tripod, flash, and have fun photographing the lights in The Woodlands. 6:30-9:30 pm Dec 1st for holiday lights
- Photography at Night: Houston 6:30-9:30 pm Dec 12th for holiday lights
- iPhone Photography – Learn how your cell phone camera works. Take that knowledge to learn how to make quality image. Apps will be discussed. Any model cell phone is welcome in class. TBA
- Action Photography – Sports to birds to cars. TBA
- Composition – Learn different composition models and how to compose photographs. TBA
- Pushing Your Photography to the Next Level –TBA
- Visit Kathy Adams Clark to register on-line.
-- An entire weekend on a private Rio Grande Valley ranch. Sessions in the photo blinds plus opportunities to photograph raptors in flight. June 28-July 2, 2017. Ranch near Rio Grande City. $1300 plus $760 for lodging and meals. Single rooms available for added fee. More Information.
Travel with Us!
Small group travel. Birdwatcher, photographers, nature lovers, and their traveling companions welcome. Gary and Kathy Clark and Strabo Tours make a donation to Houston Audubon Society when you sign-up for a tour.
Costa Rica: Hummingbirds & Quetzal -- March 10-17, 2017
Explore this tropical paradise with Gary and Kathy Adams Clark. This trip concentrates on the central highlands with stops at La Selva Biological Station, Eco Observatory, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, and Sevegre.
Three eco-systems, lots of birds at feeders plus opportunities to venture deep in the jungle. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers will love this trip because the birds are close and plentiful. Great trip for non-photographing spouse, friends or companions. Local Costa Rican naturalist with us throughout the trip.
$3495 includes lodges, local transportation, and some meals. Single room supplement available. Air to Costa Rica is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
View photos from previous trips
Iceland: Birds and Landscapes June 3-14, 2017
Explore Iceland with Kathy Adams Clark and Gary Clark. Visit the three different puffin colonies, see European migratory birds staking their breeding territories on interior lakes, stand under Arctic terns as they defend their territory.
This trip is designed for birdwatchers, bird photographers, and nature lovers. We have a variety of stops that allow you to see the entire Island. Limited to 12 participants.
Photographers and birdwatchers of all skill levels are welcome. Great trip for nature-loving spouse, friends or companions. Native guide with us throughout the trip.
$7595 includes lodges, transportation, and most meals. Air from home is extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tour for details.
Pantanal: Jaguars and Birds July 26 to August 4, 2017
Explore the magnificent wetlands of Brazil's Pantanal with Gary Clark and Kathy Adams Clark. View and photograph birds plus spend five days on a floating hotel looking for the jaguar.
This is a fabulous trip for the avid explorer, photographer, and birdwatcher. Limited to 12 participants.
Extension to southern Brazil to explore the Cerrado.
This trip filled fast in 2016 so register early. Four openings left. $7195 with lodging, guides, and most meals covered. Extension $995 plus internal flight for extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
Tanzania, Africa May 18 to June 1, 2018
Intensive game viewing with only 5 people per vehicle. The Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park. We stop for birds as well as wildlife!
Ideal for photographers, birdwatchers, and nature loving traveling companions. Comfortable lodging in a variety of settings from tent camps to luxury hotels.
$8,795 lodges, ground transportation covered plus most meals. Airfare extra. Request a brochure or Strabo Tours for details.
View photos from our previous trips
Appearances may include book signings of: